zaterdag 3 februari 2024

Nat Meyers

  With a swagger that leaps out of the speakers, Myers plays slide on his resonator guitar to a rhythm straight from the Delta. "Everywhere I been somebody being abused / Never gonna win some of us are born to lose / Just wanna have a little fun before we die / There never ever was no difference 'tween you and I," he sings, punctuating his message with finger picking that is as precise as it is intense.(NPR)

 “People often tell me that my big mistake was not learning guitar right-handed,” he smiles. “But I counter them and say, ‘No, my big mistake was not learning guitar upside-down!’”(Nat Myers

 I had the pleasure of attending a performance by Nat Meyers in my hometown of Middelburg (Holland). Beautiful stories about his origins, his Korean mother and above all beautiful songs and excellent guitar playing. I had a very pleasant evening with many old fellow citizens with this cheerful and original blueman!!

https://www.gnatmyers.com/

Geen opmerkingen: