vrijdag 8 juli 2016

David Rawlings & Gillian Welch - Pocahontas (Neil Young)


Gillian Howard Welch (born October 2, 1967 in New York City) is an American singer-songwriter.
David Todd Rawlings is a professional guitarist and harmony singer.
Tegenwoordig treed het duo samen met enkele leden van o.a The Old Crow Medicine Show op onder de naam The Dave Rawlings Machine


Pocahontas (Neil Young)
Na een lang intro eeen mooie meeslepende uitvoering van deze Neil Young klassieker.

Aurora borealis
The icy sky at night
Paddles cut the water
In a long and hurried flight
From the white man to the fields of green
And the homeland we’ve never seen.

They killed us in our tepee
And they cut our women down
They might have left some babies
Cryin’ on the ground
But the firesticks and the wagons come
And the night falls on the setting sun.

They massacred the buffalo
Kitty corner from the bank
The taxis run across my feet
And my eyes have turned to blanks
In my little box at the top of the stairs
With my indian rug and a pipe to share.

I wish a was a trapper
I would give thousand pelts
To sleep with pocahontas
And find out how she felt
In the mornin’ on the fields of green
In the homeland we’ve never seen.

And maybe marlon brando
Will be there by the fire
We’ll sit and talk of hollywood
And the good things there for hire
And the astrodome and the first tepee
Marlon brando, pocahontas and me
Marlon brando, pocahontas and me
Pocahontas.

Geen opmerkingen: